Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Great Weekend Will Giveway To A Fabulous Week

I've really enjoyed this weekend. At first, I thought it might not be a great one. Travis has worked the entire weekend, and it has been cold and rainy.

But, it turned out to be a pretty awesome one. A "friend" I met on Facebook brought her son home from Korea last week. And, he is around 21 months old. She has been kind enough to keep me abreast of what it's like to bring home a toddler, not a baby.

I have really loved watching the videos she posts, and the pictures she shares. Her son seems to simply "fit" in her family seamlessly. One of my favorite videos is of her son learning his first English word. I love the way he said it, then looked at his Momma for reassurance. And, she affirmed it for him. Other than not really wanting to sleep at night, she said the transition has been wonderful.

I pray Holden's as well as our transitions are as painless as possible.

There is so much to look forward to this week as well!

Travis is turning 32 on Friday! And, my Mom is turning 57 on Saturday!

My secret wish is that we will get updated pictures of Holden before Thurs., so I can frame one and give it to my Mom when I see her. Hard to imagine that little Holdy-Jae will be 15 months old next month!! Ahh. My heart aches just typing that. We need him home. He needs us.

Our first baby shower is less than a month away too!!

One last thing...

If you dont mind, I'd like to ask each of you to say a special prayer. That, we might get a call sooner than later to come pick up our son. That we might have him home by Christmas. This is the prayer and wish of each member in our family. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I am a friend of Tracy Staley. I will certainly be praying for you to get your son home soon. We are in the process of adopting a little boy from China. This certainly isn't for the faint of heart, is it? ;)

    ReplyDelete