Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New Parent Pride--Baby Turns 1 :-)

Good evening friends.

Well, it has been about a week since we announced that baby Jae-Min is going to be a part of the Hubbard/Zopfi family!!

And, we are still so excited! I'm finding it hard to sleep at night :)

What I am loving the most though, is what I never knew new Moms and Dads must feel?!

I LOVE hearing people say, "he is so beautiful!" or "he is just so darn cute, Sarah!"

Ahhhh, I am reeling in so much new mom pride. I can't help it! I am soooooo in love with my little guy, that the fact that you think he is cute too is just icing on the cake!

This past week has been fun for us. Our families and friends can finally talk freely about this boy. And, no secrets are being kept. I have really enjoyed sharing the news with my students. In typical five-year-old fashion, the kids are genuinely happy for me. Without passing judgement, they are simply glad to see Ms. Sarah smile. And, that sweet love warms my heart day after day.

I do want to say again, that it will be likely that Jae-Min won't be in our arms until around the end of the year or later. :((( I know it is not what we want to hear. But, we have to accept it if we want any clarity over the next year. We have to believe that no matter if our boy is 20 months or 24 months, he will be ours. And, the love of a mother and father will be the answer to everything he needs in a forever family.

Please feel free to ask us any questions! I know the timeline is confusing. And, we are happy to share what we know.

HAPPY EARLY FIRST BIRTHDAY my sweet boy!!!! We know your loving foster mother will shower you with gifts on this very special of days. In Korean culture, the first birthday is HUGE! It is a right of passage so to speak. It is called the "Tol"

I also found myself thinking of his birthmother today. Woman to woman, I am sure wherever she is, she is wondering about him. Where is he, and how is he on his first birthday? What has he seen and experienced in his first year of life? I hope she finds peace in the choice she made. I pray she is happy and successful, and enjoying her life too.

He turns ONE tomorrow!!
For more info on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_birthday_celebrations

Pretty cool stuff!! In honor of Jae, my class held an American/Korean b-day bash for him today! We sang Happy Birthday, and ate brownies. But, we also talked about the hanboks that Korean children wear at birthday celebrations, and some of the Korean food that is served. Um, my students decided cake was better than warm rice at their celebrations. haha.

Taking it all in,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment